Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines Day

yep, it's the 14th February - Valentines day

My Facebook news feed is inundated with pictures of chocolates and beautiful flowers and lovely little messages.

I'm not really one for Valentines day, I don't buy for my other half and I don't think he even knows what day it is! Normally we just sort of let it slip by without too much fuss.

But over the years Chloe has been more aware of it, and it seems somewhat more important than it used to be, I remember when I was young Valentines day was a none eventful day, I don't remember my mum or dad doing anything special and it certainly wasn't even thought about for anyone but couples to purchase people gifts, now however you hear of people buying gifts for their friends, children, pets even!

So when I was in the local shop yesterday surrounded by heart shaped chocolates and cute teddy bears I thought I might as well get in the spirit just a little.


This morning I made pancakes and melted little chocolate hearts on them, for the kids - just as a little token gesture to say 'I love you!'

Even amongst the hustle of the school morning routine, it made a nice way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...